Did you Google something today or do any of these icon looks familiar to you or checked your Facebook or Instagram or saw that funny video that got viral yesterday or did you read that tweet by that famous cricketer, if you did then you are the part of this digital world along with 3 billion other people which is 40% of the world’s population. Wow, that’s a large number, and where there are a massive number of people, there are tremendous opportunities.
I know that this might have developed a bit more interest within you to learn and understand more about digital marketing. But before you search for the best digital marketing course in Delhi or the best digital marketing institute in Delhi or any other city, there are a few more questions to be answered that will help you understand digital marketing more deeply. This will give you a clear vision about why to choose Digital Marketing as a Career-:
1. What is digital marketing?
2. How is digital marketing different from traditional marketing?
3. How does a digital marketer earn?
4. What is the importance of digital marketing?
5. Who can be a digital marketer?
So ok friends, let’s get started with the answers to all these questions, and I assure you that none of the readers will be left with doubt regarding digital marketing at the end of this blog.
But before talking about why to choose digital marketing as a career, let make it a bit interesting by answering the most searched questions or keywords about Digital Marketing in short:
- Top Digital Marketing institute in Delhi- At current time scenario, Asian Institute of Digital Marketing (AIDM) is one of the best institutes for digital marketing course in Delhi because of the live projects of the clients that it offers to practice and work on and thereby standing at the top in the list of best digital marketing institute in Delhi.
- Digital Marketing course fee- Fees for the course vary from institute to institute and city to city like AIDM charges Rs22,000. In contrast, DSIM charges Rs80,000, moreover Digital Marketing fees in Delhi may differ from its costs in Mumbai. Now talking about the average prices charged by most of the institute is Rs35,000 to Rs40,000.
- Is digital marketing also called internet marketing- Yes, digital marketing is also known as internet marketing, web marketing, or online marketing. As people also search for an internet marketing course in Delhi or marketing course in Delhi or online marketing course in Delhi rather than typing the term digital marketing. But the term digital marketing has gained popularity overtimes.
- Best places for digital marketing in India: If you are planning to join a Digital Marketing course, then a few localities in India can be known as a hub for Digital Marketing institutes. If you are from Delhi then one can search for Digital Marketing institute in South Delhi; moreover one of the best Digital Marketing institute in Laxmi nagar i.e., AIDM, even one of the most renowned university of India Delhi University provides this course, so one can also approach for Digital Marketing course in Delhi University.
- Placement after Digital Marketing course: While searching for a digital marketing course, you may come across an advertisement of many institutes claiming that digital marketing courses with placement in Delhi or Mumbai or Delhi NCR, etc. The majority of such ad is just a hoax to attract students because every company requires experience, which every other institute fails to provide except AIDM as it gives an experience letter along with the certification of Digital Marketing, which increases the chances of getting a job by 200 times.
- Best institute for digital marketing course in Delhi: If you are planning to learn digital marketing then AIDM is considered best for digital marketing course in Laxminagar as well as it is regarded as the best institute for providing digital marketing training in Delhi.
What is Digital Marketing?
Marketing has always been about connecting to your audience in the right place at the right time. Digital marketing, also known as internet marketing, is any form of marketing that exists online. This comprises all marketing efforts that use an electronic device and or the internet. Businesses leverage business channels such as search engines, email, social media, and websites to connect with current and prospective customers. In other words, digital marketing can be defined as marketing a product or service with the help of digital platforms and digital technologies, which mainly includes marketing through the internet, mobile phones, display advertisements on platforms like Google, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
Let’s take an example of digital marketing to understand it better: Suppose you want to buy shoes and search it on Google, so there are thousands of websites selling shoes. But you only see Amazon or Flipkart at the top, that’s because of search engine optimization (SEO), we even see few ads at the top of our Search Engine Research Page (SERP), and that’s a Google Ad Words and PPC.
Like traditional marketing, digital marketing also involves connection, interaction, and building a relationship with customers to ensure customer loyalty. The primary objective of digital marketing is to create preference, promote the brand, and increasing sales through digital platforms. As with the help of this, we can target a broad audience at a little cost.
Digital marketing is an umbrella term which comprises various subheads under it like:
- Content marketing
- Website designing
- Social media marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Email marketing
Further, we will discuss all these topics in detail, explaining how a digital marketer can earn money with the help of these activities.
Digital Marketing vs Traditional Marketing
Whenever a company launches a product or a service, it specifies a specific budget for marketing. And choosing the right marketing strategy is one of the biggest hurdles for any company. If the company somehow figure out the best way of marketing strategy to reach their target audience and potential buyer to generate lead. So it is crucial for the business to figure out which type of marketing can help them the most; Digital marketing or Traditional marketing or a combination of both these types of marketing. To run a successful business, it is essential for a company to make the correct choice in choosing the most appropriate marketing technique.
Till now most of the marketing of the product was done through traditional ways but with the time passing digital marketing is steadily gaining an edge and businesses need to keep them updated with the latest trend, as there is a vast majority of people who uses the internet for multiple purposes including their day to day transactions. In business, we have to stay a step ahead of our competition, so in order to stay ahead, we can’t just depend on the traditional method of marketing; in order to grow, we just simply need to shift on the latest digital marketing strategies.
Traditional marketing is a type of marketing that is hard to ignore and includes the traditional ads we encounter on a daily basis. Many of the common and most tried offline marketing tactics come under the following five major categories:
1. Print (magazines, newspapers, etc.)
2. Broadcast (T.V., radio, etc.)
3. Direct Mail (catalogs, postcards, etc.)
4. Telephone (telemarketing, SMS marketing, etc.)
5. Outdoor (billboards, flyers, etc.)
So here are few points that will help us to differentiate between digital marketing and traditional marketing.
- Lack of inflexibility
Traditional marketing is more of based upon those types of promotional tools which once implemented can’t be updated, like static newspaper ads or T.V. commercials. If in case there are few changes to be made in the ads then there is no scope for changes in the existing commercial a new ad has to be prepared in order to change the existing one. This might not have some major impacts on small run, but can definitely have a major impact on long run.
For instance; we have a company of watches and we run an ad campaign in some renowned newspaper and we just want to make a major update in the ad campaign running in the newspaper but unfortunately doing this might involve a huge cost, if not done this may have a major impact on sales of the product. At the end this would result as a huge dent on marketing budget for a product.
Whereas digital marketing gives us the scope for updating such mistakes and run the ad campaign successfully.
- Involves huge cost
The cost incurred in traditional marketing is too high as compared to digital to digital marketing. As cost of publishing advertisements in newspapers, magazines and T.V. is a huge investment. Moreover this investment does not even guarantee return, as they will be only effective when they reach the target audience and what’s the probability of this happening.
In order to reach our audience again we need to we need to create and run new campaigns, get posters printed and distributed. This way it not only involves huge cost but time also.
Whereas the cost of advertising through digital marketing is comparatively cheaper and convenient, moreover it also gives the assurance of reaching out the target audience.
- Limited Customization Options
What if your target audience is people working in a certain industry or people of certain age category? Do you think that the traditional marketing is the best way of targeting them?
For instance; we have launched a product for students or children but if we use traditional methods to advertise then the chances are less that our product might reach them. As there are many who don’t read newspapers and magazines.
Now here comes the role of digital marketing as many of teenagers are active on social media we can run online ads on social media so there are very high chances that our product reaches our targeted audience only.
Digital marketing not only gives us the option of reaching out our target customers but also shows them the offers that are tailored towards them.
- Can’t be updated easily
Let’s face it, when it comes to updating any running ad campaign digital marketing undoubtedly holds an edge. As updating an ad campaign running online is much easier than updating the ad campaign running in newspapers.
For instance: we are advertising our product through ads in newspapers and by mistake the percentage of discount offered is misprinted, just imagine its impact on sale of the product. In order to update if we need to republish the correct advertisement and this process involves huge cost and time. On other hand updating the ad campaign running digitally is just a click away.
- Poor campaign management
While executing a marketing strategy it’s very important to ascertain whether the investment made is in right direction or not, this is done to know whether the campaign was successful or not.
Unfortunately the results of traditional marketing can’t be measured easily and effectively. This process might incur huge cost.
On other hand we can effortlessly indentify whether the campaign is going in right direction or not.
This difference single handedly makes digital marketing better than traditional marketing on counterpart.
How does a Digital Marketer earn?
If you are searching for a profession to make a career, I believe that there is nothing better than digital marketing with the time changing now about 40% of the total world population uses internet and that’s a huge audience with huge opportunities, so looking upon these numbers you can now figure out that how much the demand of a digital marketer is going to increase in coming 4-5 years. It was stated in a report of one of the trusted source the demand of a digital marketer is going to increase by 200% within coming next 4 years, just because of smartphone and Jio revolution, all hail to Mr. MukeshAmbani.
Unlike other professions like Doctor, C.A., C.S., etc. digital marketing is an umbrella profession as it does not focus on a particular subject.
There is a certain number of ways by which one can earn money through digital marketing such as:
- Content marketing
- Website designing
- Social media marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Email marketing
If a person wants he or she can earn not only in lakhs but also in crores in each of the above mentioned fields of digital marketing once he gains expertise in them.
Now we will discuss about each of these topic separately to know better about digital marketing.
Content marketing can be termed as creating or publishing content over the internet for free with a motive of advertising a certain product or service. It acts as a bridge of information between buyer and seller of goods and services. The platform where content marketing is done is search engines like Google, Youtube, etc.
Currently the most searched two topics on internet or topics that demand quality content are following:
- Comparison- Now a days consumer has become smarter before buying any product blindly he tends to compare it with other products. So approaches internet to get comparison between two different products. For example there is a famous digital marketing institute in laxmi nagar that write content on such topics.
- Query- With time passing internet have made things a lot easier for the people as whenever someone faces any sort of problem or confusion the first thought that comes into his or her mind is Google, yes be it any sort of problem before consulting our parents or concerned person we approach Google at least once
Content marketing can be done in two forms that’s is
- Visual Content Marketing- In this type of content marketing the product or services are advertised in the form of videos. Like all the videos we see on youtube or any other platform that just tell about any product.
- Written or Print Content Marketing- In this form of marketing a product is being sold with the help a detailed article or blog written on specifying the details of the product. The blog you guys are current reading is also the part of a written content marketing.
Before writing any content one must be clear about the dynamics of the of the product on which he is writing content on in short one must have complete knowledge about the product before he gives information to others regarding that product. And most importantly the content should be presented in a manner that a layman can understand and buy the product.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO is a very vast concept but a very simple way to earn money online, once clear with the concept of SEO. The process of SEO involves making certain changes in the website or design of the website or content that makes our site look more attractive to search engine and all this helps in increasing the visibility of the site on Search Engine Research Page (SERP). In other words it helps in improving the ranking of the web site on Search Engine Research Page (SERP) which means that search engine will show our web sites as a top result of Search engine research page.
It’s not at all an easy task to get ranked a top website on search engine research page it’s a much complex process though as search engine wants only the best content to be ranked at the top as they want to provide best services to their users. So in order to be ranked at top of the search engine research page we not only need high quality of content but also we need to keep it relevant with what searcher is looking for. SEO professional helps to optimize the website pages with the most searched keyword and key phrases to ensure maximum visibility of the website. So in order to more about a website crawlers of the search engine crawl or scan the website. After scanning the website it decides that how easy it’s to navigate and read and eventually awarding user friendly sites on Search engine research page.
This was all about working of SEO now let’s talk about how can we earn money through SEO. We can earn money by building links or by writing SEO content which is written with the aim of attracting search engine traffic. We are required to write content with a rich mixture of keywords and phrases and improve the chances of the website being in the top suggested results. There are different types of SEO content writing like
- Blog writing
- List making
- Product pages
A blog is an online journal or an informative website written by an individual or a group of writers sharing their views on a particular topic. Trend of blogging started in early 2000’s. blogs written during that period primarily focused of political blogs and how-to manual blogs but with the time passing they started evolving an now you just have to think of the subject and you will find a detailed blog on that topic available on the internet.
Now specifically talking about blogging. It is the set of many skills that one needs to run and control a blog. Equipping web page with tools to make the process of writing, posting, linking, and sharing content easier on the internet.
With each day passing the concept and trend of blogging is getting popularized and here are some reason behind the success of blogging culture:
- Now a days blogging has become a main stream of information.
- Companies try to keep their clients and customers well informed and updated through blogs.
- Through a blog, visitors can comment and interact with us or our brand and this can help us with the feedback for the product, service or content being specified in the blog.
- And most importantly one can earn handsome amount of money through blogging.
Yes one can even earn through blogging as once a blog attracts enough attention and traffic then one can monetize his or her blog and earn with the help of Google ads and can also earn by offering a service and selling product.
It refers to the process of designing the interface and layout of the website and the person who does this is known as web designer and he focuses on designing websites for desktop browsers; however, since the mid-2010s, design for mobile and tablet browsers has become ever-increasingly important.
The process of web designing includes deciding the appearance, font, layout, color, images, creating a user-friendly interface for optimum navigation and presenting the website in a clutter freeway and at times content also. But writing content is not the job to be done by the web designer but must be equipped with the basics of content writing for the worst case scenario.
As the keystone of a web designer’s output is a site that wins and fosters the trust of the target audience, removing as many potential points of user frustration as possible is a critical consideration.
The designer is also expected to update the website regularly and keep the website updated with latest trends in the market. In this way of digital marketing, one can learn how to earn money by digital marketing from the comfort of home by designing websites according to the client’s needs or restructure an existing website by giving it a makeover.
Social Media Marketing
As the name itself suggests in this type of marketing a product or a service is advertised with the intent to be sold through various social platforms like Facebook, Youtube, Instagaram, Linkedin, TikTok, etc. All the ads we see while watching a video on youtube or on tiktok are the part of social media marketing.
Companies post their campaigns on a particular account, it can be their own account as well as an account of a famous personality. The success of the campaign depends upon the number of followers of the account holder and likes received once the campaign is posted. Higher the followers and likes for the campaign higher will be its chances of success and profitability.
Most of the social media networks have their own data analytics tools which assist in building and advertising marketing campaigns in social media and assist companies to track the progress, success, and engagement of ad campaigns.
This type of marketing helps companies to address their stakeholders, current and potential customers, current and potential employees, journalists, bloggers, and the general public.
Social media marketing has a lot of unexplored potentials, huge audience, endless opportunities and a wide demographic to be explored.
Affiliate marketing is an old school type of digital marketing. It can be defined as the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s (or company’s) products. You find a product you like, promote it to others and earn a piece of the profit for each sale that you make.
In simple words it can be called as one to one recommendation for example: if I recommend a particular product to one of my friend and if he/she purchases that product using the link given by us then we will receive certain amount as commission for the sale of the product.
Now a day’s earning passive income is the dream of many i.e. earning while sleeping. I feel that there is no better way than affiliate marketing for passive earning. Many online e-commerce giants have successful affiliate marketing programs. It is also called referral marketing.
Email marketing is one of the most innovative and cheapest method of marketing a product. In this marketing tool advertiser or marketer of the goods and services advertises his product to the customer via email specifying the product and deals available in them. With the help of just a single click we can reach thousands of potential customers. A lots of marketing email comes with an option of unsubscribe which helps in eliminating the unwanted audience, this it even helps in saving both cost and time. The purpose of this type of marketing is using email to send advertisements, request business, or solicit sales or donations, and is meant to build loyalty, trust, or brand awareness.
The emails sent are generally the mixture of graphic content with links along it to grant access to consumer for easy purchase and information. Most importantly the emails being sent must look attractive and creative in a single glance, as a person gets a bunch of marketing email so at times he may just discard the mail or unsubscribe and this way we can end up losing a buyer. So in order to avoid it there also pre-made templates in which the information can be filled and sent to the recipient without having the need to design or create a template.
Now a day’s there are several email marketing campaigns that pay you when the lead clicks on the link provided in the email. So this was another way describing on how to earn money from digital marketing.
So this was a brief about the various activities through which a digital marketer earns. The internet era has brought the comfort of earning from our homes and it is a fast-growing industry with a lot of opportunities and has an untapped potential to earn and if utilized properly there is a huge scope to learn and earn in a legitimate way without the need for a traditional method of earning.
Importance of Digital Marketing
Now digital marketing has become an integral part of businesses, as it helps them to connect with their customers. There are certain advantages of digital marketing which gives it an upper hand over other marketing strategies:
- More targeted and specific
- of the most beautiful gift of digital marketing is that it dissects huge demographics.
- us understand this with the help of an example: your company launches a watch for teenage boys and plans to advertise it trough a magazine with a consumer base of around one million. This simply means that ad might reach to 1 million plus people.
- what percentage of million is actually your target. This magazine is being read by people of different age group including teenagers, adults and might even include old age people. This simply means that our ad is being viewed by a vast majority of people but there are very few who are concerned to it.
- we are reaching our targeted audience but we are paying way too much to reach them.
- case of digital marketing we can advertise our products through search ads which means that only that person can see that advertisement who is actually willing to purchase that it. Moreover, this is much cheaper way of advertising as there are no charges for showing a search ad, the amount is deducted only when the person clicks on the advertisement.
- More advanced analytics
- we plan to advertise our product through a T.V. we might determine the best time to air the frequency of the ads of ads but does it tell who actually saw it, who were interested in it or did they like it or not? I don’t think so, that T.V. ads solve this purpose but digital marketing does.
With digital marketing you know the following about your ads and users:
- Whether they actually saw it. With TV ads, you don’t even know that much. They could have been in the kitchen or had the TV on mute.
- If they interacted with it
- If they liked it
- If they lingered on it
- If they shared it with a friend
- If it prompted another action
- If it led to a sale down the road (this is important when deciding how to best spend money)
You also learn much more about the people interacting with that ad:
- Who’s most interested in your ads
- What are they like
- What makes them more likely to take an action
- Who is easiest to convert
- Who spends more
- What do they do online
- What terms do they use to find you online
- Which websites do they visit that lead them to yours
All analytics can be done easily with the help of Google software i.e. Google Analytics and there are few paid tools too.
- Best Return On Investment (ROI
- Marketing ensures best return on investment in comparison to any other marketing tool. Email marketing has the highest RIO in comparison to any other marketing tool it has a recoded whooping return on 3800% that is $38 revenue for every $1 spent.
Who can be a Digital Marketer?
Well there is no definitive set route to becoming a digital marketer or landing your job in the field, most employers will want to see that you’ve validated your skills. In other words there is no compulsory qualification required for a job in digital marketing, by enrolling in and successfully completing a reputable, well-rounded digital marketing course, you will enhance your chances of landing the digital marketing job of your dreams exponentially. Plus, by gaining credentials in more specialist areas or competencies, you will gain a real competitive edge on the droves of competition out there.
In short a class 12th student as well a professional can be trained to become a digital marketer.
Keeping the current growth of digital marketing in mind, this can be undoubtedly said that this is going to be one of the highest paid profession in future. Unlike other sector there is no chance of saturation of jobs in this field because in future people shift more and more towards social media and internet, eventually increasing the demand of digital marketer.